In just eight years, Transportation Investment Corporation (TI Corp), responsible for your new Port Mann Bridge (and your faster commute), has made a big impact on transportation and tolling in Metro Vancouver and across the industry.
It’s an exciting time for TI Corp, and their official toll brand Treo, as massive long-term projects on the horizon. With this new era of work, they seek the writing wizardry of a Manager, Procurement and Contracts to join their communications team based out of Coquitlam, BC.
The Manager, Procurement and Contracts provides expertise that supports Transportation Investment Corporation’s (TI Corp) overall procurement, contract development, and negotiation and management strategies. It provides information to senior management to assist with the development of and adherence to budgets, plans, policies, systems and procedures that will achieve corporate strategic objectives.
- Analytical Thinking
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Customer Orientation
- Fostering Innovation
- Fostering Teamwork
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with Agreements with the Province of BC, the Province’s governance framework, internal policies, relevant contracts/agreements and the laws and regulatory requirements applicable to the various disciplines.
- Remain current on the legal and regulatory requirements that govern the procurement and contracts functions.
- Oversee the Procurement and Contracts Policy, including benchmarking with other crown corporations and/or ministries, to align with best practices and TI Corp business requirements.
- Perform competitive procurement processes in compliance with Federal and Provincial regulations, Trade Agreements, and TI Corp’s Procurement and Contract’s Policy.
- Conduct contract negotiations to identify and mitigate risk and obtain best value for TI Corp.
- Collaborate actively with internal departments to understand functional and organizational goals and objectives as they relate to procurement and sourcing, supplier capabilities and contracting to ensure needs and objectives are met.
- Work with internal departments to manage supplier performance for compliance with contractual obligations, including resolution of issues.
- Assist the finance department on supplier invoice discrepancies including resolution and payment.
- Maintain an effective contract framework that tracks and monitors the status of contractual obligations. Provide regular contract status reporting to contract owners and contract health to the Senior Manager, Contracts and Concessions.
- Facilitate activities necessary to sustain the Quality Management Plan, Business Resilience Plan, and Business Process Review Program with regards to Procurement and Contracts processes and other areas where knowledgeable.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Proven leadership and excellent people management skills
- Shows flexibility in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead effective collaborative environments
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Education and Experience
- University Degree or equivalent qualification in Procurement and/or Business Related Field
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation or a combination of equivalent experience/education is considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience, preferably in a public or Crown Corporation environment
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and/or other accounting systems an asset
What You Get In Return
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- 4 Weeks Vacation
To apply, kindly submit your resume (cover letters not required). Interviews are taking place immediately for this unique role, so don't delay!